The Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, has said a former aviation minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress.
In a video shot during an APC event in Kogi and shared on Wednesday, Bello said the defection was one of his achievements as the head of the youth mobilisation committee for the party’s membership registration and revalidation.
“Our brother and friend, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, has joined our party in good faith. He is joining our party to come and add his own positive energy and make contributions to ensuring that APC is a party to beat.
“Remember, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode is a foundation member of the All Progressives Congress… Now he has decided to join our party, approached me and by the mandate giving to me by our party, I must not segregate,” the governor said.
The Kogi State Commissioner for Information, Kingsley Fanwo, in an interview with our correspondent in Lokoja, said the statement credited to the governor was true.
“It is a video and it is clear,” said the commissioner in a short reply to our correspondent’s enquiry about the viral video.
However, Fani-Kayode said that he was still a member of the PDP.
“Though we have had meetings across party lines and we are in a season of political consultation, I have not left the PDP,” he wrote on his verified Twitter handle on Wednesday.
- 2021 EDITION OF OMEREOHA’S FREE MEDICAL OUTREACH ENDS, AS OHAFIA AND AROCHUKWU LGA BENEFITED FROM THE EYE TREATMENT EXERCISE
- Anambra Indigenes Launches Orji Uzor Kalu 2023 Presidential Agenda, Urging Him To Contest.
- Chief/Dr Daniel Chimezie Okeke Set To Empower Undergraduate Orphans In Abia State As He Celebrate His Birthday Tomorrow.
- MEET THE HIMBA TRIBE: Offer FREE SEX To Guest; And Don’t Bath
- Cabals will determine Igbo presidency in 2023’
- REPOST: A REVIEW OF THE PRE-COLONIAL UTUTU
- South-East States Top Nigerian States Searching For Gay Porna
- Masturbation Is Not A Sin, Oyakhilome Insists
- Fani-Kayode Approached Me On Planned Defection To APC – Bello
- POLITICS: I Have Not Left PDP— Fani-Kayode
- Edo: Time to know who owns the land